1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Y6 REVISION AID FOR READING

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Govinderfan, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Hi, I haven't been on these forums for ages and ages, as my role changed for a while. Anyway last year I offered some revision aids for reading and ended up emailing a few fair people with my resources - which they all seemed happy with.
    So this year I've uploaded some.
    http://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Year-6-Revision-READING-PAPER-6078723/
    Please feel free to help yourselves.
    Good luck guys - not many SCHOOL days left!

2. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Thanks, Michellie, I was one of those who benefitted last year, and I'm using them this year too!
    Good Luck to you too!

3. Boy do we need it - we've had 8/29 qualify for extra time as they are so poor and we're a leafy suburb school with 6/210 free school meals in total - so were expected to work wonders! I've just come back into supporting Y6 now with 11 school days to go! EEK!
    good luck to you too.

4. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

I have 12 year 6's this year, one on the verge of receiving a statement ( after 7 years of trying!) 2 EAL who have JUST been in the country long enough to count, one who joined in January on an IEP for reading and writing and two more who are really mid level 3's but who I have to get to level 4 or we miss floor targets and all hell lets loose! ( and we're down to 7 days!)
    Don't you just love year 6[​IMG]

5. GOOD GOD!
    Statement after 7 years - doesn't it just **** YOU OFF! (I'm SENCO too)
    EALs who have been here a bit too long - oh it's really unfair!
    I SOOO feel for you. I really really do hope you hit floor targets as I know what **** can happen.
    Ours are just stupidly stupidly high targets which still demoralise. Oh- and we have a child who is on holiday for the reading paper! ARGGH.
    Last year I had a child who spent the <u>whole year</u> (didn't even start in Sept and didnt spend 1 day in school for all of year 6) in hospital and the result was still counted!
    Keep your chin up and if by the 6th you're still worrying - I'll clone some of my bang on level 5s and send em your way! (if only!)
    Glad to hear the resources are useful and remeber you can't work miracles in 12 months - its cumulaitve,

6. six out of 210 on fsm yet eight out of 29 to get extra time?! how? and will it be beneficial?!