1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Y6 literacy planning

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tish1982, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Hi all,

I'm an NQT starting in a year 6 class in September and I've tried to be really organised and get plenty of planning done, but the time has come to do literacy and I'm struggling.

I more or less have the medium term plans done i.e. what objectives I plan to do when, but choosing texts/activities is proving to be a nightmare!

I would like to do Alice in Wonderland - has anyone used this or have any alternative suggestions?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

2. Hi all,

I'm an NQT starting in a year 6 class in September and I've tried to be really organised and get plenty of planning done, but the time has come to do literacy and I'm struggling.

I more or less have the medium term plans done i.e. what objectives I plan to do when, but choosing texts/activities is proving to be a nightmare!

I would like to do Alice in Wonderland - has anyone used this or have any alternative suggestions?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

3. FAO Tish1982
    I am sending you a lot of planning and resources for both Alic and other works of Lewis Carroll.

4. FAO Tish 1982
    I am hoping that you have received a LOT of mail.

5. FAO Tish 1982
    Sorry but the animated things won't send although on the emails to start with. I'll try to find a way around this.

6. Hey Smiffcat,

Is it possible for you to send me some Alice planning. Could really do with some help!

Thanks

andyknox1@hotmail.com

7. i'm an NQT starting in september and am doing Alice in wonderland too, any chance of some ideas as i am struggling to find enough to cover whole term. thanks

8. Hey!! Umm....if at all possible could I please have a copy of that planning too...I'm moving from Year 4 to Year 6 so would be a HUGE help! Thank you!

suzyanne100@hotmail.com

9. It would be appropriate to put this sort of planning in the files area here and on the year6teachers yahoo group. Probably rather better than emailing out big files loads of times.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/year6teachers/

10. Hi,
    Sorry to bother you but i am currently doing Alice in Wonderland and was wondering if it would be possible for you to send me some of your planning if not too much hassle.
    Thanks
    My email is: samluv124@hotmail.com