1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Y6 end of year production

Discussion in 'Primary' started by l.wood2, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Hi, I am finding myself going around in circles with this one! Last year we did a production of We Will Rock You (school version) and it was a huge hit with children, staff and parents. The problem I have this year is that I don't know how to top it! In the last few years we have also done Bugsy and Grease, this year we don't have a huge budget what with all the cuts etc! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Please! :) Thank you in advance for any help!

2. Sorry for lack of paragraphs, I'm new to posting and not quite figured it out yet! :)

3. Hi, wondering about doing 'We will rock you' as end of year 6 show this year. Can you recommend it? How many individual parts were there? Thanks.

4. It was amazing! We had a ball but it was quite hard work in that the songs are quite complex and it is very lengthy. We got the licence and with that you get a junior script but we still had to make some slight adjustments to make sure it was appropriate for our children. Can't remember how many parts exactly but I think it was around 30 but some of those only had one or two lines. You need at least 4/5 VERY strong singers and the two main parts need to be prepared for a lot of hard singing! But like I said, it was fantastic! If you google Schools Will Rock You there is more more info on their site. Hope this helps.

5. That really helps - thanks.

6. Hi,I tend to be rather naughty on this one,adapting all sorts of things depending how good or bad my principals are and often putting in some scenes I have written myself ,again writing with particular children in mind and building parts up and down accordingly.I also put in all manner of different songs. audiences love to hear children sing old popular songs,for example war-time medlies always go down a treat as do show standards.Have been doing our School Plays this way for thirty years.

7. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

We have just done a school production of The Wizard of Oz, children and parents loved it!

8. When we got the licence we got a login to the Schools Will ROck You website and you can buy all the backing tracks from there so we knew we were totally legal. Not sure I understand 'how did we perform the songs' they are all very different so performed in different ways - some group songs, solos, duets etc is this what you mean?

9. We've done one in the past called 'Creature Comforts meets Life on Earth' The children each created a script for the animals they chose - a David Attenborough bit and one where the animals talk and then did a dance/song carefully chosen. We even used all the outside area.