1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Y6 Biographies/Autobiographies

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mancc, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Thinking about planning this topic at the moment.

Anybody done this before and have any great ideas/plans to help :D

Cheers
    MC

2. tiffster

tiffster New commenter

I've done this unit based on The Simpsons and on Matt Groening. An interesting person plus quite a lot of potential for writing in role/themed timelines. The kids liked it a lot.

3. Hi there. I'm a ta in a year 6 class. We've just completed this unit. The kids thoroughly enjoyed it. We watched some of the muhammad Ali film, when we were kings. This is a documentary about him so it gave the cdn a biographical perspective.
    They then had to research him, or a few select other celebrities, and compile their own PowerPoint or poster presentation in groups. The girls in the class really seemed to enjoy Ali, tending to focus on his work as a political activist, whereas the boys all focussed on his success in the ring.
    Hope these ideas are of use to you. I can see if I still have the weekly plan for you to look at if you'd like?!
    Sarah

4. Both ideas sounds fab!!

I'd love the plans if you had them?

Cheers :)

5. Not a problem, I'll have a look for you.
    Sarah

6. I am also doing this unit, we it be possible for me to also have a copy

Thanks struggling trainee student!!!