1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Y5 persuasive writing- letters- anyone got any suitable ones or want to share making them

Discussion in 'Primary' started by titus4t, Apr 27, 2008.

1. titus4t

titus4t New commenter

What you need is a copy of Pie Corbetts Writing Models. There are two ace letters: one from Batwoman persuading Robin to give up his life with Batman and go back to education; and one from Old Bunny (!) trying to persuade the wolf to become a vegetarian. They have all the features you need. We then wrote letters to the Ugly Sisters persuading them to let Cinderella go to the ball!

I'll go upstairs and send them to you now (can't email from this computer)

2. 15 Rosemoor Street
    Grantham
    Hampshire
    GK65 0PJ

County Hall
    Main Road
    Bedford
    MK43 8UH

12th April 2005

Dear Patrick Hall Local MP,

Re: Mobile Nuisances!

Although not everyone would agree I strongly believe that mobile phones should be banned. There is a great deal of evidence to support this view.
    The main reason I feel they should be banned is that research has shown that mobile phones emit radiation, which in turn can cause cancer and brain tumours.
    A further reason is that mobile phones are a nuisance in public places. To make matters worse people persist in shouting on the phones in public places so they can be heard. It might be argued that all people need to do is turn their phones off in public places, thus stopping the nuisance. However, how many people will actually do this?
    In addition there is a clear link between mobile phones and crime.
    The desire of many people who consider it ?cool? to own a phone has led to some of them stealing to obtain one.
    Furthermore, the cost of running a mobile phone is substantially more than running an ordinary phone. This has led to many people running up debts that they are unable to pay.
    Therefore, although it could be argued that mobile phones are useful for safety reasons, I believe I have shown why mobile phones should be banned.

Yours Sincerely,

John Moore

3. Thank you so much. If you have given me anything, please email me so I can send you the letters I have typed up to improve your letter collection.
    ittles@aol.com

4. I have sent you some comprehension questions to go with the persuasive Mr Wolf letter too. Hope that might help xxx

5. Joi

Joi New commenter

6. Hi,

I am teaching a unit on persuasive letter writing. Could you e-mail me a copy of the letters you described please?

janeygirl37@hotmail.com

7. HI,
    I'm also teaching a unit on persuasive letter writing. I was wondering if you would mind emailing me a copy of the letters as well please? It would be greatly appreciated!! s.j.davies1@hotmail.co.uk
    xx