1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Y5 Dance Theseus and the Minotaur

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mandyashcroft, Apr 16, 2012.

1. mandyashcroft

mandyashcroft New commenter

HELP!!! I'm new to year 5 and am about to plan a dance unit to tie in with our Olympic week in school in the summer term. I wanted to link it to ancient greece and possibly a myth - have found some planning for the myth Theseus and the Minotaur which looks fab BUT I have no music- Can anyone help and point me in the right direction of a suitable piece of music? Thanks x

2. Hi, I did this unit last year. I have a feeling that we looked on youtube and found a music/dance clip. I will double check when back in school tomorrow, but might be worth a look!

3. Could you possibly upload the fab planning for Theseus and the Minotaur on TES please?

4. mandyashcroft

Thank you that would be great :)

5. mandyashcroft

Hi there the planning was found on TES resources through a google search for ancient Greece and dance and primary, I'm new to forum and adding resources if you can't find it I can e mail you a copy if you would like :)

6. marlin

marlin Star commenter

I think this is the planning referred to:
    https://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/PE-Dance-plan-for-Theseus-and-the-Minotaur-3008175/review/1/
    It does not have the music listed - reviewers seem to suggest that it might be from the Val Sabim scheme. You can view sample pages of the T and the M dance for year 6 here (download samples are in the righthand column):
    http://www.valsabinpublications.com/publications/dance/key-stage-2/