1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Y5/6 Literacy observation- argument!

Discussion in 'English' started by hails35, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Hi all,
    Hoping you can help. I am a trainee teacher (1 yr GTP) and my literacy lesson is being observed on Tuesday. The topic is argument which has already been introduced. I am wanting to start the lesson with the children listening to a song and picking out the argument within. Trouble is I can't find a suitable song! All the ones that would work really well are rap and contain strong language - so very inappropriate! If anyone can help I would really appreciate it! Also, if anyone has any other ideas or thinks the song starter is an awful idea - your experienced opinions would be more than welcome!
    Thanks in advance
    Hayley

2. Hi all,
    Hoping you can help. I am a trainee teacher (1 yr GTP) and my literacy lesson is being observed on Tuesday. The topic is argument which has already been introduced. I am wanting to start the lesson with the children listening to a song and picking out the argument within. Trouble is I can't find a suitable song! All the ones that would work really well are rap and contain strong language - so very inappropriate! If anyone can help I would really appreciate it! Also, if anyone has any other ideas or thinks the song starter is an awful idea - your experienced opinions would be more than welcome!
    Thanks in advance
    Hayley