1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Y4's on the mat?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lukesmum, Jun 2, 2011.

1. lukesmum

lukesmum Occasional commenter

If you have the space do you use a mat area? Also, do you have the class in groups?
    I am trying to get my head around the organisation of KS2, I'm more used to EYs and Year 1.

Thanks,
    LM

2. lukesmum

lukesmum Occasional commenter

If you have the space do you use a mat area? Also, do you have the class in groups?
    I am trying to get my head around the organisation of KS2, I'm more used to EYs and Year 1.

Thanks,
    LM

3. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

I do - I generally start each lesson on the carpet - not for long though. We also use the carpet for storytime.

4. Occasionally for story time, most often for guided reading when particular groups like to stretch out on cushions and read. I used to use it for lesson introductions but find everything is IWB based now so don't do it so much any more.

5. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

I did, and we had comfy cushions and chairs too. I'd love to have a story corner for my new class of Y5s, but they're just too big, and there is so much furniture in the room...