1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Y4 Multiplication Test

Discussion in 'Primary' started by hotchoc6, Feb 21, 2019.

1. hotchoc6

hotchoc6 Occasional commenter

Are all Y4 pupils taking this test this summer or is it only a trial for schools that have applied to do it?

Any help on this appreciated.

2. Studyzonetv

Studyzonetv Occasional commenter

It's the current year 3 - next year's year 4 - who will all be taking the test next year. It's my understanding that any schools could apply to be part of the trial this year, but I may be mistaken on that.

3. Piscean1

Piscean1 Senior commenter

Just trial schools for Y4 this year. Current Y3s for real next year.

4. hotchoc6

How do you find out if you are a trial school?

5. Piscean1

Piscean1 Senior commenter

I assume you'll have been told. We knew at the start of the year that we were part of the trial.

6. brighton56

brighton56 Occasional commenter

Initially schools had to sign up to take part in the 2019 trials however this was scrapped, now all schools are eligible to take part in the trials this May/June. More information can be found on NCA Tools - if unsure what this is then check with your leadership team.

cassandramark2 likes this.
  7. hotchoc6

I have been on a government website and it says that it was announced on 14th Feb that a select number of schools will take part. Where does it say that all schools can take part? I would be very grateful if you could send me the link.

8. hotchoc6

In addition, will schools be informed about the results of this test?

9. brighton56

Here is a link to the guidance: https://assets.publishing.service.g...755745/2018_MTC_assessment_framework_PDFA.pdf

The live check window for the voluntary pilot will be open between 10 June and 28 June 2019. Schools will be able to access the MTC via NCA tools when the service goes live in April 2019. There is no requirement for schools to pre-register. As I said, your school leaders will have logins for NCA tools.

10. brighton56

11. Gorsebush

Gorsebush New commenter

There is an interesting section on the make up of the MTC and which questions occur most here
    [This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]