1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Y3 Tudor role play area ideas

Discussion in 'Primary' started by carlyr, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Hi all!

I'm a NQT starting my first class in September (Year 3) and I am hoping to set up a role play area. Our topic is rich/poor Tudors so thinking of creating a 'rich' Tudor house but don't know where to start! Any ideas of how I could go about this, e.g. how to decorate the area, how to create the structure etc? Not sure if the school have many (or any!) Tudor artefacts to use?

Has anybody done this before? Any ideas/ photos to share? All of my teaching prac has been in KS2 so I haven't really seen role play areas in action before but I'm really keen to incorporate role play in the classroom.

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

2. Hi all!

I'm a NQT starting my first class in September (Year 3) and I am hoping to set up a role play area. Our topic is rich/poor Tudors so thinking of creating a 'rich' Tudor house but don't know where to start! Any ideas of how I could go about this, e.g. how to decorate the area, how to create the structure etc? Not sure if the school have many (or any!) Tudor artefacts to use?

Has anybody done this before? Any ideas/ photos to share? All of my teaching prac has been in KS2 so I haven't really seen role play areas in action before but I'm really keen to incorporate role play in the classroom.

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

3. Hi

Go see the teachers resource pages in www.henrytudor.co.uk

lots of ideas, all free downloadable.

You can even get the King to visit your school!

Ray