1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Y3 SATs

Discussion in 'Primary' started by aloha, Mar 23, 2007.

1. aloha

aloha New commenter

Ca anyone remember what the reading and writing tasks were in the Y3 SATs last year. I have had a complete brainstorm and can't remember at all what they was about!
    Thanks in advance
    Aloha

2. aloha

aloha New commenter

Ca anyone remember what the reading and writing tasks were in the Y3 SATs last year. I have had a complete brainstorm and can't remember at all what they was about!
    Thanks in advance
    Aloha

3. can I ask why you want to know?

4. polly2

polly2 New commenter

Perhaps she wants to do a bit of revision - I would love to know too - I can't rememeber either!!

5. aloha

aloha New commenter

Cos i do! Don't worry I dn't work to SATs!

Anyone else remember?
    Thanks

6. Antartica?

7. aloha

aloha New commenter

Thanks but i'm prety sure Antarctica was Y4-it certainly doesn't ring any bells.
    Anyone else???

8. Antartica was year 4. Something to do with treasure or something similar?

9. Something to do with playground games, they had to describe one for the short task. Long task was plan a treasure hunt.

10. aloha

aloha New commenter

Yes-that sounds a bit more familiar!
    Thankyou

11. Something to do with treasure maps????

12. the 2 writing tasks were a short description of a playground game - there is a frame for them to fill in. the longer one was to write about ideas for a treasure hunt and explain reasons why their ideas should be chosen

13. the reading was a story where 2 boys set each other a treasure trail and making a treasure map. hope that helps
    :eek:)

14. Wolfblass is spot on.

Just rememeber to have a quick look at the mark scheme to make sure that between now and then you cover all of the points that you'll be marking! Think of it as a success criteria.

15. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

16. I seem to remember the long writing task as being a letter to the headteacher suggesting their ideas for a treasure hunt at school.

17. Yeah - they were the tasks.

I just wondered why you wanted to know because I think it's wrong to do revision - its only year 3 SATs. Its bad enough children are given SATs, let alone made to revise - especially in Year 3!!

I'm about to go on maternity leave and am currently giving my Year 3's the SATs now. We've done no revision! Admitedly they haven't done brilliantly - but I am confident their scores show a true representation of what they are capable of!!!!

18. aloha

aloha New commenter

You are absolutely right-i think SATs for Y3 are awful-but it has to be done. I just couldn't remember the content and i want to make sure that we cover everything that is needed -for example the letter writing. We are doing the new lit strategy next term and i was concerned that we may miss something out!

Thanks for the help everyone!

19. iantomp - you suggest having a look at the mark scheme to ensure we cover all criteria. Where can we find the mark scheme?! Many thanks!