1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Y3 Myths and Legends

Discussion in 'Primary' started by kettlebabes, Jan 10, 2012.

1. After half term I plan to do Myths and Legends. Does anybody know of any that have a dragon or dragons as their focus that they would recommend for a Y3 class? Reason is that we are making clay dragons and would like to link them with our literacy. Thanks.[​IMG]

2. After half term I plan to do Myths and Legends. Does anybody know of any that have a dragon or dragons as their focus that they would recommend for a Y3 class? Reason is that we are making clay dragons and would like to link them with our literacy. Thanks.[​IMG]

3. hpblossom

hpblossom New commenter

I think St George and the dragon has a dragon in it.

4. Excellent suggestion - thank you. And St George's day is in April too!

5. hpblossom

hpblossom New commenter

Chinese New Year starts on 23 Jan and this year's animal is the dragon! Dragon dance in PE?

6. I'm year 3 and we ahve just done the Lambton Worm and the children acted it out and discussed how they would kill it, before writing the story about it. We have also done the Cornish legend of the Giant Cormorran from St Michael's Mount.

7. Thanks for the Lambton Worm suggestion, it's new to me and looks really interesting too, so I think I will use that also.
    Thanks too for suggestion of linking with the Chinese New Year, that'll work well too with us making our dragons now.
    So big thanks both and apologies for belated reply to your posts.