1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Y3 Enterprise Week - ideas, please!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rainbowdrop86, Nov 21, 2011.

1. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

its our this week!!! last year i made xmas crackers with upper ks2, which went down really well. Attach a cracker bang in a toilet roll. wrap toilet roll in wrapping paper. tie at ends.
    Was so successful, ive even had parents asking this year if im doing it again before they go and buy their own! unfortunately ive moved to ks1 and dont fully trust my class with cracker snaps!!
    so this year im making xmas cards. the children have done some fingerprint penguins/snowmen/robins, which we'll back on card, then stick on the actual card itself. Lots of TA and my own time to do the sticking as once again dont trust my class to follow the instructions and stick them in the right place. but very simple to do during class time.
    Im also making reindeer dust this year. Very simple. A mixture of oats and glitter in a sandwich bag, tied with ribbon, and a reindeer poem attached (google search)

2. Cool, thanks so much for these suggestions!
    One of the Y6 teachers has already put down that he's doing Xmas crackers, and I get the sense we're not s'posed to make anything anyone else is doing!! I'm not sure I'd trust my class with the snaps, anyway! [​IMG]
    I thought about friendship bracelets - not strictly festive but goodwill to all men and all that. But I have left it so late (as have other teachers so I'm okay) that it's too late to order from a catalogue... So I have to use what I can get my hands on in school. (I'd buy materials myself, I'm not being a ***, but with changing jobs recently, an LSA wage has had to last 15 Oct-29th Nov so I really don't have the spare dosh.)
    I think Xmas tree decorations would be a good idea... Will have to google.
    I like the idea of Xmas cards but since we are giving so much time over to it, I'm after things the kids can do wholly for themselves. Also I have no adult support so really, really don't want stuff I'll have to fiddle with for ages after school to get done!
    Maybe little tea lights for the Xmas table... Bit of a cop-out cos they've just made divas in RE buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut.! I could make out like that's deliberate - they're well-practised in making little pots!
    It will be a lovely week, I think, when I know what we're doing. No sets or targets, just getting to know them better and (hopefully!!!) just being able to enjoy their company [​IMG]
    Thanks so much for your suggestions xx

3. What about salt dough decorations? The children could make up the dough, roll it and cut it out into shapes using cookie cutters. Normal circle cutters would be okay for baubles but someone may have some christmassy shaped cutters you could borrow or you could try play-doh cutters.
    You would need to cook it or leave it overnight (I think) to harden. If you made the dough on the first morning then the first afternoon could be given to another activity. The next day the children could paint and decorate the decorations with lots of glitter.