1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Y3 amazing literacy ideas?

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by helene_567, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Sorry I know this must annoy people but I have an interview for a job that I really want, year group has not been decided yet but for the interview I need to teach a half hour Literacy lesson to Y3. I've never taught Y3 before and the school is in quite a deprived area so I imagine they are quite low ability.Just wondered if anyone had seen or conducted any good lessons that could inspire me in any way?
    And with a half hour lesson are they looking for a complete lesson e.g. intro/main/plenary?
    Thanks,any help greatly appreciated - so nervous! First interview!!

2. What LO have you decided on? What ideas do you have already?
    As for being in a deprived area and being low ability, be careful not to make that assumption.

3. nomad

nomad Star commenter

That does not annoy me at all. Congratulations.
    Oops. Take care.
    I have seen plenty. The best come from those teachers who have conceived and planned the lesson themselves. Please do not try to use a 'cut and paste' lesson from this site - you may well find that other applicants are using the same lesson.
    Review the OfSTED criteris for teaching and learning and make sure that you focus on those that differentiate the 'good' and 'outstanding' lessons from those that are just 'satisfactory'.
    I would suggest that, even though the lesson is 30 minutes in length, you still include a 2-3 minute introduction, and a 2-3 minute plenary.
    Good luck.