1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Y2 stories with familiar settings - book suggestions please

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Sarah Warren, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Sarah Warren

Sarah Warren Occasional commenter

Hi

Just wondering what books other Year 2 teachers are using for the Y2 Stories with Familiar Settings unit - we are struggling to find 'familiar' settings!

Thanks

Sarah [​IMG]

2. Sarah Warren

Hi

Just wondering what books other Year 2 teachers are using for the Y2 Stories with Familiar Settings unit - we are struggling to find 'familiar' settings!

Thanks

Sarah [​IMG]

3. Sarah Warren

Thanks for reply [​IMG]- we had considered Dogger but I had not heard of Dear Bear before so thanks for the link.

This may seem like silly question but we have discussed it in school on many occasions - when it says 'familiar settings' do they infact mean familiar events, e.g. getting lost, losing something, worrying about things etc etc.

Thanks

Sarah [​IMG]

4. I have interpreted it as being situations that the children can relate to, eg loosing a teddy (Dogger), being scared (Dear Bear) etc

5. Sarah Warren

I agree with you too but it's always nice to hear it from someone else!

6. I take it to mean settings with which the children might be familiar; e.g. the park, the shops, the swimming pool, school etc.

I am using The Tiger who came to tea, familiar as it's set at home in the kitchen, bathroom, the street and the cafe, all venues the children can relate to.

[​IMG]

7. queenlit

queenlit New commenter