1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Y2 sats

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by sooooexcited, Jun 8, 2018.

1. sooooexcited

sooooexcited Occasional commenter

Just looking for clarification really; a key (and big) group of children have achieved scaled scores of 95-99 who I feel are working at ARE in normal practice. One child who works out as well as them scored 88 which I'm gutted about.

Their books have evidence of ARE in lots of different areas so I think I can teacher assess them as at the standard but just want to check as their scaled scores are less than 100.

Any help would be really appreciated before I spend all weekend worrying!

2. J.M.Powell

J.M.Powell New commenter

I'm assuming you're talking about maths? I suggest that you get someone else to sit down with you and look at the evidence before assessing a big group at ARE when they did not meet the standard on the test. Personally, I would need to be convinced in each and every case that ARE was the correct judgment, as the wrong judgement in Y2 makes such a big difference to progress scores in Y6 and consequently affects the future whole school outcomes. Take care!

Pomza likes this.