1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Y2 Interim assessments

Discussion in 'Primary' started by hotchoc6, Feb 17, 2016.

1. hotchoc6

hotchoc6 Occasional commenter

What exactly does this mean?:

Read accurately by blending sounds in words that contain the common graphemes for all 40+ phonemes
    Read accurately some words of two or more syllables that contain the same grapheme-phoneme correspondences

On guided reading records - are we supposed to be making comments against all of the Y2 objectives or just the statements on the interim assessments?

Any help appreciated.

2. whitestag

whitestag Senior commenter

Can the child read the first few pages of Flat Stanley?

If they can, they are where they should be. That's always my little yardstick when they come in to Year 3. Might sound simplistic but it's very effective as an indicator.

As for guided reading, I would say that you are required to assess against the interim standards, using all evidence available, including reading records and the test they take in May.

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

You aren't meant to use the interim standards for ongoing assessment or tracking progress as they don't cover the whole curriculum content. They are only meant to be used at the end of the key stage I'm afraid
    Page 6 of the exemplification doc

Sillow likes this.