1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Y2 dinosaur literacy

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rainbowdrop86, Apr 2, 2012.

1. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

Please help! I really struggle when it comes down to literacy planning! Doing dinosaurs after Easter, although have SATS too which will take out a bulk of time. I know I need to do a poetry unit and different stories by same author. Thinking of using Harry and the bucketful of dinosaurs but don't know what to expect by the end of the unit. Is it just writing their own story? We've done lots of non fiction writing, so don't really want to do a big focus on that. Any ideas?

2. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

Please help! I really struggle when it comes down to literacy planning! Doing dinosaurs after Easter, although have SATS too which will take out a bulk of time. I know I need to do a poetry unit and different stories by same author. Thinking of using Harry and the bucketful of dinosaurs but don't know what to expect by the end of the unit. Is it just writing their own story? We've done lots of non fiction writing, so don't really want to do a big focus on that. Any ideas?

3. I used Tyrannosaurus Drip by Julia Donaldson when I did a dinosaur project with Yr 2. Its actually written in rhyme and you can also purchase a teachers book with literacy planning to go with it. Part of the Read and Respond series.

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Dinosaurs Galore by Giles Andreae also in rhyme but describes different types of dinosaurs

5. teacherman2

teacherman2 New commenter

Bumpus Jumpus Dinosaurumpus - Tony Milton