1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Y2/3/4 book study

Discussion in 'Primary' started by hezzy_pie, Aug 4, 2011.

1. At the end of last term I did my first book study in literacy, and it was the best three weeks in literacy I have ever done! My Y2/3/4 class studied the Iron Man and did loads of activities such as similes/metaphors, drama, descriptive writing and writing their own version of the story.
    I would really like to do another book study lasting about 3 weeks in the Autumn term but am stuck for which book to use. Has anybody got any suggestions on a great book they have used? I was thinking perhaps a Roald Dahl book, but I'm open to any suggestions!

Thanks, Heather x

2. At the end of last term I did my first book study in literacy, and it was the best three weeks in literacy I have ever done! My Y2/3/4 class studied the Iron Man and did loads of activities such as similes/metaphors, drama, descriptive writing and writing their own version of the story.
    I would really like to do another book study lasting about 3 weeks in the Autumn term but am stuck for which book to use. Has anybody got any suggestions on a great book they have used? I was thinking perhaps a Roald Dahl book, but I'm open to any suggestions!

Thanks, Heather x

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I would probably do a Roald Dahl book with that age group. Or possibly Tom's Sausage Lion by Michael Morpurgo, they may not have ready any of his before and it would get them going.