1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

y = ax^2 + bx + c using Excel

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by missmuon, Jan 11, 2011.

1. missmuon

missmuon New commenter

I have Word and Excel only. None of your fancy Maths software.
    I need to create parabolic graphs in Powerpoint. It should have square grid lines showing.
    Possible?
    If yes,How?

2. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

I agree with Nazard - GeoGebra is excellent. Also there are many resources available to support this. There is a YouTube channel with many demonstartions.
    Geogebra links here. See in particular Mathematics and Multimedia by Guillermo Bautista which has a whole series of tutorials.
    Would one of the free graph plotters on the web help?
    I have a few favourites here- these have gridlines. Look at graphsketch.com for example.

3. missmuon

missmuon New commenter

Thank you, Nazard an all others who contributed to this thread. Very useful. [​IMG]

4. For those using Apple, Macs come with a free graphing application, handily called 'Grapher' that will do graphs in both 2d and 3d. It's in the Utilities folder inside the Applications folder, or simply type Grapher in Spotlight. You can export the graphs as PDF files. Very easy to use.

5. strawbs

strawbs Occasional commenter

isn't there a new microsoft graph drawing app - free download?

6. DM

DM New commenter

7. strawbs

strawbs Occasional commenter

that's the one!