1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Xmas nativity play - ideas

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by kaz_allan, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Does anyone have any ideas where I can buy or find a play on the Xmas nativity that is a bit updated and modernized want to do the traditional play but with it a bit more current?

2. Don't know about updated or modernised, but 'Out of the Ark' have done several nativity related plays.
    Whoops-a-Daisy Angel is probably the most famous, Sleepy Shepherd is lovely, quite like the Bossy King. We did Mary's Knitting last year, very successful but a lot of lines for poor Mary!!
    Don't know if this helps.

3. I can't believe you're thinking of this yet but seeing as you're asking 'Shepherd Little' is very cute. Have done it as a whole school (infant) and reception class production (simplified some of the text) can't remember where it's from but a search will bring it up.

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter

5. notascientist!

notascientist! New commenter

We did Wriggly Nativity last year with the Foundation unit made up of Nursery and Reception - we loved it - very catchy songs with lots of actions! We also did the Nursery Rhyme Nativity the previous year which again went down well - only problem was that I have found it hard to sing the proper nursery rhymes since! I got both the ideas from here ..... but am wondering about new inspiration this year ....? Love the ideas from here but need to be really simple so that both Nursery and Reception can learn the words for the songs.

6. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

We did Wiggle Nativity last year as well - it was one of the best out of the commerical ones that we've had. Some of them (eg Born in a Barn) are lovely, but have a few tricky songs with too many lyrics to learn - fine for a small school where all the infants perform the nativity, but not so good for Foundation children on their own.

7. Msz

Msz Established commenter

I bought Born in a Barn two or three years ago but thought it would be too difficult for nursery & reception might try it now I'm in KS1