1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Xmas breakfast

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by adelady, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Something to consider for next year.
    Amidst the orgy of presents and wrapping flying around the living room after lunch, adegirl2's partner told us about one of his sisters. She's married into a family with an inviolable Xmas tradition. The whole family is obliged to front up at 8am for a shared breakfast.
    I had visions of pancakes, mince pies, eggnog, fresh squeezed juices or a 'full English'. But no. Cocopops!

2. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Smoked salmon with scrambled egg on wholemeal toast, Buck's Fizz and real coffee to drink.

3. Much better idea - a bit like some of the Christmas Eve breakfast parties we used to have at work.
    Still, it'd be hard to come up with anything worse than soggy, sugary breakfast cereal.

4. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

We sometimes invite friends for breakfast on Christmas Day.

5. Proper bacon sandwiches, decent coffee and bucks fizz :)

Couldn't eat soggy cereal any day of the year!

6. Snap! With a large glug of Baileys in the coffee though.

7. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Puts the yoghurt I had yesterday morning to shame! I had leftover trifle this morning for breakfast...not sure that's any better (it was very yummy though!)