1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

x bar

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by Colleen_Young, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Not ginger beer Wibble - Stones Ginger Wine. It has alcohol in too so doesn't water the whiskey down!!

Hope you feel better soon.

2. With any luck I'll learn how to read properly too soon!...

I'm rather jealous of your salsa - are you any good?

3. We have been going for about 8 weeks and it feels like we know loads of steps.

I really love it and my fella insisted on going out and buying a CD so we could practice at home he is so keen (Bless!!)

I have decided it doesn't matter if I am any good as long as am having fun so I just fling my hands around and wiggle loads. Could use som WD40 for those hip joints though!!

4. thanks for the tea Casy. That followed by desperate housewives made a good evening ( plus a 3 mile jog- I'm getting to enjoy jogging- can't believe it!)

5. Afternoon Mrs B....year 7 class driving me bonkers at moment...

6. afternoon dydx- I am p/time at the mo so luckily at home! After sorting out the new plants for the patio- taking ome time out.
    sorry to hear about yr 7's.

7. cinderella1

cinderella1 New commenter

HIya! I am on holiday as kindly suggested by yrself Mrs B. Smelling beautiful due to extended shop in debenhams (perume dep).
    Now enjoying sun, found lovely guy to create garden for me so relaxing in style (vodka and cranberry 2day as sunny).
    5 weeks planning ahead ahhhhhhhhh so all wkends will me mine. When is next holiday? xx:)))

8. Cinderella- apparently we are all on a 'forced' holiday courtesy of the tes staff (see post), but I think we are determined to keep x bar.
    Glad to hear you are enjoying the sunshine while you can. By the way- you didn't tell us anything about prince charming?

9. cinderella1

cinderella1 New commenter

Very disappointed in prince charming..........unfortunately already married!! :(( So as handsome and wonderful as he seemed to be, he can put his slipper on anothers foot! (hopefully wifes)

10. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

Hello

Anybody about?

dydx - why were your year 7 class driving you bonkers?

11. Colleen_Young

dydx - think I've just found the answer to my question on 'Are things getting worse?' Yes?

12. Hi Casy,

I'm about - how's your day been? With had rumours flying about the young girl who was stabbed - and lots of hysterical kids.

13. Colleen_Young

Evening Wibble - how are you feeling?

OK day thanks. How about you?

The thing I love about teaching is that at the end of the day I have usually managed to teach somebody something! Somebody somewhere will have that aha! moment.

14. Much better thanks -INSET tomorrow...

However we sent them off in a bit of a fluster this afternoon. Have you seen the news about the lady who got stabbed in the neck yesterday afternoon? It's in our area, so we've been crawling with police and insisting that they don't walk home along secluded alleys...

15. Colleen_Young

Yes I did see the news - horrible. Not nice to think its so close to home for you and school.

What I don't understand is why people think this sort of thing doesn't happen in 'nice places'. Do you know what I mean? When something dreadful like this happen - the news programs always drag up people saying 'how could it happen here?'

16. Very true - although I think part of that has to do with the perceived "safeness" of such areas by the inhabitants.

17. Colleen_Young

I think you are correct Wibble. I think people have some strange perceptions of safeness.

They also have no idea of the chances of stuff happening. Not helped by the media who write pages and pages on things like this.

People forget that they are far more likely to get run over by somebody who thinks it's OK to drive too fast.

18. Absolutely, our children blew it completely out of proportion, in my opinion.

Without wanting to play the situation down, it was amazing what the fertile imagination of children had turned this into before they left the school premises...

19. Colleen_Young

I think we are agreed on that one.

To lighten the conversation, it's very quiet in here. Where is everybody? Working?

I have been preparing fascinating(!) lessons for tomorrow - but needed a break.

20. Isn't it 'stenders time?

Perhaps they ar all soap addicts!