1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

x bar

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by Colleen_Young, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Absolutely Mrs B and combined with the positive letters home and some nice strict application of sanctions it was total dynamite!!

Why do I have the feeling that they have raised my hopes just to dash them tomorrow?

I don't care anyway - even if tomorrow isn't great I know that I can do it!

2. Hi
    guys

Budweiser for me please

I have tired myself out upping some sensible threads to keep the TESSIES happy :)

3. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

Congrats bethylou.

Reminds me of a teaching practice long ago when my tutor came to see me. Students were wonderful. My tutor left just before the end of the lesson. Once sure he was out of sight they all wanted to know

'did you pass miss?'

I'll join you with the red wine!

4. Colleen_Young

Good idea Lads (upping the threads I mean).

A down command would be useful, but then I suppose with enough ups its sorted!

5. If I drank alcohol- Iwould get drunk tonight! ANyone got any strong tea?

6. Well done BethyLou

7. bbibbler

bbibbler New commenter

Well done Bethylou, when a lesson goes well it is the best feeling in the world.

I had a good one a few weeks ago and can still remember it. I finished with a quick home work "what is the name for an Eleven sided shape". That weekend I was in the pub and the barmaid said "You're a teacher, there is a couple in the other bar arguing about the name for an 11 sided shape". I sneaked in and there in the corner were two of the parents.

honestly a true story

8. Colleen_Young

Big mug of strong tea coming right up mrs b. (Am not bar person, just getting mrs b a cuppa)

9. Good one BethyLou,
    Lapsang souchong should do it Mrs. B.
    Loved bbibbler's comment, sums it up very well

10. the previous one, although the anecdote is excellent, what do you call an eleven sided shape though is it a hendecagon or undecagon to you?

11. bbibbler

bbibbler New commenter

I call it by either name, that is why the parents were disagreing, they had been asked by the pupil and had then found different answers. In the same week, I had three Yr7 tutors ask me the homework question.

12. Yes, I've had the same thing. I love it when this happens, its great when parents get involved in kids homework.
    I set one for year 7, where they have to write descriptions of a shape and read them to a parent or other and get them to draw it, the person drawing then rates the description and thus marks the homework. I just scan through to check for obvious errors or blatant cheating.

13. Oooh, that's a nice one emilyisobel... Might have to try that one sometime soon!

Still on the lemsip here - and with coursework moderation on Friday, this is a quick hello/goodbye.

Hopefully we've resolved the TES issue...

Long live x bar.

14. sounds like you should be on brandy wibble, doesn't do a damn of good for either colds or moderation, but it stops you caring

15. Actually I've just bought a bottle of lemon juice - thought I might go for hot lemon and whisky and avoid the medication tonight...

16. good one, although i hope you are not using single malt. lemon juice wastes it.

17. Wibble - whiskey, ginger wine and a drop of hot water. I challenge any bug to survive it.

Just been to salsa and totally buzzing. What a great way to get over the stresses of the day.

Although when one woman kept saying "I just don't get it" I nearly smacked her one. Had enough of that already today!!

And Desperate Housewives to finish today off - hurrah.....

18. Might have to go out and buy some ginger beer...

Re-marking AO4 coursework appears to be doing a good job of killing it off - and me...

19. cinderella1

cinderella1 New commenter

Hope you feel better soon x...........you need to relax in bar more wibble. Have you tried out the steam room yet :)) sure to help cure xx

20. But won't it make the paper wet?