1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

www.supermathsworld.com

Discussion in 'Primary' started by teacher242, Sep 21, 2008.

1. http://www.supermathsworld.com/

Just found this website - looks really good (distracting me from my planning!)

Links on bottom left prob more suited to UKS2 - but easy levels can be selected

Kids, activity and fun links also look really good and the P in the middle gives you your progress.

Some stuff is much too advanced for Primary but may be good for G&T year 6

2. http://www.supermathsworld.com/

Just found this website - looks really good (distracting me from my planning!)

Links on bottom left prob more suited to UKS2 - but easy levels can be selected

Kids, activity and fun links also look really good and the P in the middle gives you your progress.

Some stuff is much too advanced for Primary but may be good for G&T year 6

3. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

And brilliant for my Year 7s! Thank you, thank you!
    It is so rare that any of the websites posted on Primary are of much use to my KS3 students, so this is a real boon.

4. trinity0097

trinity0097 New commenter

Didn't realise that you didn't know about this one Tafkam - we've been using it for a while - they love it! However they do get very tempted by the non-maths games!

Do you use www.mymaths.co.uk ? You can get some of the games even without a subscription - thye're good too :eek:)

5. polly2

polly2 New commenter

Thanks for sharing!

6. WOW! Supermaths world is absolutely fantastic! Thank you so much for recommending it. It looks suitable fo all abilities from Infants- G&T Y6 depending on which activity and difficulty rating you choose.

7. tafkam

Nope - never come across it before, Trinity.
    Have looked at MyMaths before, but not sure we'd stretch to paying for it. Maths budget is incredibly tiny, on account of most funding being devolved to year groups rather than subjects. Some money this year was found centrally for... some other website that I don't recall that folks felt was good for the new primary strategy.
    We, as ever, make do and mend [​IMG]

8. [​IMG] Great Thank you very much will be fab for calculations lesson. Thanks

9. tafkam

Incidentally, is it only me who now has "Super Maths World" floating around in his head to the 'tune' of "Super Match Game" from Blankety Blank?

I'll get my coat.

10. First Snowdrop

First Snowdrop New commenter

That looks terrific - already added it to my Maths plan. Thanks so much for posting it!

11. I use it - the kids love it and go on it at home too!

12. ..and while we're on great maths websites, have a look at this one:

www.mathszone.co.uk

Lots of ideas linked to objectives as well as huge selection of other online activities.