1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WW2 Trip

Discussion in 'History' started by MattJellett, Aug 23, 2011.

1. [​IMG]Hi all,

Don't know if this has been posted already so sorry if I'm repeating what is elsewhere but I am looking for a really good WW2 trip in the South East of England area (I am teaching in Southend). I would like it to be a real experiece, something like experiencing being an evacuee would be fantastic! As with all schools at the moment, the cheaper the better!!

Thanks in advance!

2. hobgoblintc

hobgoblintc New commenter

Hi Matt
    It's not a trip out but we have a WWII play that we bring in to your school. It's all about a family in London during the war (centreing on a young girl).
    Have a look at our website, www.hobgoblintheatrecompany.co.uk, to see if yyou like the look of it.
    Hope this helps,
    Dan

3. Hello,

I realise you have probably long since found a WW2 trip in the South East of England but for future reference and for those of you who are looking for something similar we at the Royal Gunpowder Mills offer a 'WWII on the Home Front' programme, this is a full day (10.00am - 2.30pm) of hands on and role play activities. The day consists of four sessions; Experience an air-raid, Women in wartime, Discover rationing and Become an evacuee. Prices start from £6.50 per child (charged per class). For further information please see our website www.royalgunpowdermills.com/.../education-booking or feel free to give us a call on 01992 707370.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Anna

Royal Gunpowder Mills