1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

WW2 newspaper articles

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lillipad, Jul 7, 2010.

1. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

Anyone know where I could find these online? I'd like to look at them with my class but not sure where to find any. Have tried googling it but the results are a bit varied! thanks

2. Joi

Joi New commenter

3. Joi

Joi New commenter

4. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

Thanks, i found both of those sites too, what I was hoping for as well as articles as more of a 'front page' so they could see the layout, photos, adverts, name of the paper too if you see what I mean x

5. Joi

Joi New commenter

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. Have you looked in the "images" bit of google?

6. Joi

Joi New commenter

Sorry. Useless, just tried it myself.

7. Joi

Joi New commenter

8. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

Haha how funny, you're finding the exact sites I found, thank you for looking, I appreciate it!! x

9. Joi

Joi New commenter

10. FriedEggs

FriedEggs New commenter

I have some reproduced newspapers for Dunkirk etc. Let me know (send a PM) and I will scan the front pages in at school tomorrow and post them to you.

11. I'm not sure if you have this where you work but our library liason person was very good last year and helpfully put together a few copies of front pages from significant dates during WW2, taken from the microfilm copies the library keeps of the main local paper.
    I'm also not sure how urgently you need these so apologies if this is no help!