1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

wrong application form but still got an interview?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Cosmic_Rainbow, May 20, 2012.

1. Cosmic_Rainbow

Cosmic_Rainbow New commenter

im soo bored of filling in application forms so last week when i applied to a school whose form was incredibly similar to a previous school i just changed the school name on the form and resubmitted it. i have now been offered an interview. do you think the school have realised what i have done but still liked my application? i am worried that mayb they didnt have many applicants and so are just interviewing me anyway

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done on getting that interview!
    Yes, seems likely - or that they didn't notice! Either way, it doesn't matter. What matters is that they have decided that they would like to see more of you. Good!
    Highly unlikely - but does it matter if so? They certainly wouldn't go to all the time and trouble of interviewing anyone they didn't think had a chance of being a great appointment.
    So this is your chance to show them just that!
    Careful preparation now required for both the lesson and the actual interview.
    Do go to the Welcome thread and read the general advice in the Interview clickables.
    And then read this: * * * * * Teaching a lesson at interview * * * * *
    Do read this thread too :
    Safeguarding and Child Protection - the questions, NOT the answers. (Bump it when you've finished reading it)
    Well done again on getting your interview - we look forward to you starting a brand new thread called Dear Theo - I got that job!
    Best wishes