1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Written work and quality of answers

Discussion in 'Music' started by kstring24, Apr 20, 2013.

1. I introduced books to my KS3 lessons in January at the request of SLT, I didn't really bother with books and prefer to produce a couple of worksheets to use through the topic which have been kept neatly in folders along with assessment feedback sheets. Does anyone else use books much in their music lessons? I tend to do evaluations and have sheets stuck in, which is now creating more hassle because I'm having to spend time getting these loose sheets stuck in.
    This brings me onto another point - the books have benefitted me in that they've opened my eyes to how poor the quality of pupil's reponse is when listening to music. I'm using listening grids and level critieria to help pupils with their written work and get more quality answers out of them but I need some more ideas. I always walk away from work scrutiny feeling a bit flat now. I keep my marking as up to date as I can, I'm getting pupils to peer assess and doing what the school need, but I'm worried about the poor quality of their written work (which is mad seeing as this is supposed to be practical based.)
    Any advice welcome.

2. Hi, I've spent the Easter holidays creating this.. It is still in the early development stages.

Http://thegrangeschool.wordpress.com