1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Written task to test knowledge at interview!!!

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by sac9rlj, May 20, 2017.

1. sac9rlj

sac9rlj New commenter

Hi,

I have an interview and the brief says that there will be a written task to test knowledge.

I'm thinking A level questions? Any other ideas?

Thanks

2. rosiecg

rosiecg Occasional commenter

Depends on the job role! In the past I've had to write a letter to parents introducing myself, complete an in tray exercise, write IEP targets based on data, and complete a Y6 SATs paper.

3. wevved

wevved New commenter

I disagree with testing candidates during interview. It is a false situation. They have not had time to revise the spec. I did do a test in one interview and didn't see the point. Is my degree and taught lesson not evidence enough?

4. applecrumblebumble

applecrumblebumble Lead commenter

I wonder sometimes whether this is a sign of our times. If a school has had its fingers burnt by incompetent teachers who are not proficient in their subject knowledge or are not prepared to learn the parts they are weak on. The school has to protect itself and question the applicant as to their level of subject knowledge. I was certainly asked questions about my subject by the head of department as part of the interview.

BelleDuJour likes this.