1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Written task for TA interview? Any ideas what it might be.

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by tantrumsntrends, Feb 24, 2012.

1. hi, I'm new too, and attended a TA interview recently with a written task and got the job! The numeracy just had a couple of questions including division, percentages etc and the literacy asked some safeguarding questions, as well as what do I know about the school and some scenario questions e.g. what would you do if you were the only adult in a class and the fire alarm went off?.. then before my interview the panel read over my answers and questioned me further about them.

Hope that helps! good luck!

2. Thankyou so much for your reply.
    Congratulations on getting the job. I'm so nervous as this is my first interview and have no idea what to expect.
    If you don't mind could i ask you a few more questions.
    Did you have any fraction questions in the numeracy?
    the safegaurding questions..were they along the lines of.. if a child told you something in confidence, what would you do???
    Any other tips you could give me..
    I also have to read a story for 15 mins. This is the only part i'm not too nervous about.

3. I can't see it being too challenging afterall people working in schools should have a basic level of literacy and numeracy. What I don't understand though is why don't they just ask for your GCSE certificates. Safeguarding questions could come in the interview. Am sure you will be fine. Good luck!