1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Written task at FE interview

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by sblakey, Feb 9, 2019.

1. sblakey

sblakey New commenter

Evening all,

I have an interview at an FE college next week and I will be undertaking a written task, roughly 30 mins.

Anyone who could kindly offer some tips about what could possibly come up I would great appreciate it. I have a few ideas up my sleeve to generally revise for, but would like to be more confidently prepared!

2. ATfan

ATfan Star commenter

Hi! It's just to test your functional skills so could be anything from writing a view on something to writing a letter. When I did the task, it was such a general one (which i can no longer remember) that I didn't feel unprepared. If you've prepared for the interview itself, you shouldn't need more than that info (e.g. knowing about the college, general info about policies on the website etc) for the task. Good luck!

3. sblakey

sblakey New commenter

Thank you ATfan - I thought that would be the case. So kind of you to respond. I have massively prepared for this interview as i would really like the job, so fingers are well and truly crossed!

4. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

Its just a literacy test. Mine was to look through a register and pick out students whos records gave cause for concern, current grade a long way from predicted grade, attendance too low, etc, that sort of thing. Also a diamond nine task, prioritising something or other.

ATfan likes this.