1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Written task as part of interview for Sen school

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by ljjh, Mar 13, 2016.

1. ljjh

ljjh New commenter

i have an interview for the post of teacher in a new SEN ASD focused school - part of the interview process is a written task - has anyone come across what this could be?

Thanks

2. dzil

dzil Occasional commenter

Sorry, but I don't think there is a definitive answer to this one. It could be anything to do with the role and can vary from school to school.
    I've seen task set regarding writing SMART or SCRUFFY IEP targets, lesson planning, writing home school diaries, advice for EHC plans, reports for other professionals, writing up assessments or assessing work and making work sheets. As I said, It could be anything!.

senlady likes this.
  3. kirstyj23

kirstyj23 New commenter

Hi, I have had two interviews for SEN SEMH (BESD) - first given background information on child, boxall profile, addmission profile (about family and previous education etc), some assesment data and was asked to basically put to write a short piece about what interventions both inside and outside the classroom I would suggest / put in place for the child if they were in my class.

Second one - similar information but including their IEP and PSP as well as assessment material, was asked to assess what level they were working at for their writing. I then had to identify what there next steps were in their learning as well as identifying what interventions I would put in place to enable the child to meet their expectations. They were very keen to know I had linked those interventions to both their learning and social needs. For this I had to prepare notes then was asked in the interview to say what I thought, they asked a few questions when they wanted to.

I hope this helps... long and short just make sure your aware of the social and emotional aspects of learning as well as academic because in SEN especially ASD they go very much hand in hand.

Hope this helps and good luck. Biggest thing to get across is your passion for working with SEN child with those types of difficulties!

senlady likes this.