1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Written exercise for teaching assistant interview

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by PJgirl, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Hi!

Has anyone ever had to take (or give) a written exercise in a TA interview?
    I have one on Tuesday and have no idea what to expect. Apparently it's quite a posh school, so I assume they'll have high standards. There's a group discussion as well, but I'm more worried about the written exercise.

2. tamtams

tamtams New commenter

Hi
    Not sure if this is the same thing as you will be doing, but I did have an interview once that stated this, it was for a vacancy in reception. It turned out that they gave me a piece of written work done by a child, I had to highlight all errors, eg no finger spaces, spelling mistakes etc,then after this I was given a piece of paper and had to write out all the letters of the alphbet and numbers 1-10 showing with arrows the correct formation where to start etc. Good luck with your interview.

3. Last time we interviewed for a TA to assist in our Literacy Intervention programme we gave all the candidates a dictation passage to test their spelling & punctuation.

4. I had to do an old english SATs test for year 6 (and I'm pretty sure we had less time to do it in!).

I also had to write a letter to a parent explaining to come into the school due to her son's behaviour.