1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Writing -y6 stat assessment

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by shelleywilliams10, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Just to add to the fun, I've received a moderator's pack today and we're not gonna be moderated at sub-levels - only whole levels, although moderators will be told to focus upon those children at level boundaries and ensure that we teachers have put our children into a correct hierarchical order across a level.

2. markuss

markuss Occasional commenter

How ridiculous! Concocting three or four or five sub levels doesn't make NC sense. So, instead, if you've fifty children, you have about fifty sub levels!

3. zugthebug

zugthebug New commenter

Sorry Markuss wasn't clear, TEACHER ASSESSMENT obviously takes into account speaking and listening and the schools management system works out the overall level from all three AT. HOWEVER, NC KS2 Tests do not and have not taken speaking and listening levels into consideration when awarding an 'English' level to a child at the end of Y6.
    In MY experience and only my expereince the secondary schools in my area and the parents i have reported to for the last 10 years only count the test level, even if the teacher assessment is flagged, highlighted and explained.

4. markuss

markuss Occasional commenter

Ah, right you are!
    When we had Key Stage 3 NCTS, I managed (with powerful back up from our County advisors!) by and large to persuade SMT, children, parents etc. that TA was bound to be more reliable for English than just a single snapshot in unusual conditions (however well marked it was). It made quite a difference, perhaps, that (and Ofsted reports agreed) we were particularly strong in A.T. 1.