1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

writing test 2012

Discussion in 'Primary' started by manfred, Feb 3, 2012.

1. I understand the test can be opened in advance. Are any schools going to be doing this? I have been 'out of the loop' for a few months, so I apologise if this has been discussed.

2. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

When we get them. I will open them.

3. No you can't open them early I'm afraid. I'm a county moderator and we've just been told this on the training. I checked again as I thought some of our Year 6 could take the paper at different times in small groups but it isn't allowed.

4. groovyshell83

groovyshell83 Occasional commenter

it depends if you chose to be externally or internally marked when you ordered your papers. if you chose internally you can open them and take then any time before june sometime. if you chose external you are not allowed to open them until the morning of the test.

5. As I understand it, even if you've opted to internally mark you still can't open the papers when they arrive. You have to wait until you are ready for your pupils to take the writing test. It's not like KS1 where you know what the writing tasks will be long before the children take them.

6. But that makes no sense if schools will be sitting the papers at different times.

7. Yes, I agree with you. The test has to be opened in the test room just as it always was.

8. We did ours this week under the same conditions as we will carry out the others next week.
    Had a drum roll while I opened them in the classroom.