1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

writing sows you are not going to teach

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by FollyFairy, Jul 4, 2011.

1. FollyFairy

FollyFairy Occasional commenter

Join the club!! I have been asked to rewrite two schemes of work with 15 lessons in each one for years I will not be teaching next year... it is unfortunate but the way life goes I think sometimes... (especially when some HOD's are lazy and can't be bothered to do it themselves!) - I certiainly am not writing Lesson plans though (which seems to me what your HOD is asking you to do?) - short-term planning is the responsiblity of the teacher who is taking the lesson!
    On the bright side, look at this way, you may not teach the subject, but when you are applying for jobs remember to state clearly that you wrote these SOW's.. it may just give you the edge over someone else!

2. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Lead commenter

Make sure you put your name on a Header and Footer etc too! Date and log your work.

3. maybe even password protect it for modifications so that people can open and print it but not modify to protect your name

4. Many thanks guys. Looks like the person I was supposed to be collaborating with hasn't produced anything at all. I think we are both being summoned to see how we can resolve this. We are both part time and I don't have any gain time as I said in the op so how our hod presumes that we can work on this together is beyond me. We'll probably be told to make the time. Hey ho!

5. endoftheroad

endoftheroad New commenter

I was retiring in the summer and was "asked" to write sow for classes that I would not be having in Sept. I was told I would be given data for these pupils. I wasn't of course, so I didn't do them, guess what, the world survived!!!! School is still going strong, guess life goes on!!!