1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Writing person spec

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by spunja, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Hi guys, I'm finding it extremely difficult starting to write my person spec, I am hoping to apply for a vacancy but the deadline is in 2 days!!! Please Please can someone send me theirs to have a look at, it doesn't have to be great just something to get me to the interview stage! I applying for general primary teacher not early years.
    Many thanks in advance.

2. Hi guys, I'm finding it extremely difficult starting to write my person spec, I am hoping to apply for a vacancy but the deadline is in 2 days!!! Please Please can someone send me theirs to have a look at, it doesn't have to be great just something to get me to the interview stage! I applying for general primary teacher not early years.
    Many thanks in advance.

3. Hi spunja, your application should be specific to the person spec that goes with the job. Using someone else's won't get you to interview. Look at the person spec and address each bit, writing about how you fulfill the requirements. You could write an executive summary. Go to 'expert advice' at the top of the page and from there to Jobseekers. Have a look at the guidance on this site, it's invaluable. Best of luck.

4. Sorry spunja, that only gets you to the Jobseekers forum. This is the link you need: http://www.tes.co.uk/section.aspx?navcode=248