1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Writing notes with a tablet PC vs on an IWB

Discussion in 'English' started by thequillguy, Feb 5, 2012.

1. thequillguy

thequillguy New commenter

Hello all

I'm looking (again) at the possibility of purchasing a tablet laptop, or slate, that will allow me to model writing/editing and annotating via my projector. My IWB simply does not work in terms of its annotations are too pixilated and I would find it easier to write by hand.

I saw several years ago some tablet laptops, but they were prohibitive (£600+)

Should I want to simply annotate over word documents/.pdf files, what would you recommend I use? Pen and paper, of course, but what about its electronic version? An I-pad might be out of the range of my budget, too. Thanks in advance for your advice.

2. thequillguy

thequillguy New commenter

Just in case anyone finds this thread again, here's an update. Was lent an i-pad by county that was locked down like hell. Required a credit card (or perhaps even a gift card) to install any apps on it. Would rather check out different OS. In the meantime, I'm using OHT and/or have purchased a new IWB pen.