1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Writing Moderation

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Carolyne740, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Carolyne740

Carolyne740 New commenter

I know the date for our submission of teacher assessed levels of writing has been brought forward to the end May ... but does anyone know if this submitted data should reflect the children's levels at that point (end of May), or are we expected to predict what the children will be in July?
    If anyone knows - or could point me in the right direction of a document which contains the information (ha!!), I would be grateful.

2. deanow

deanow New commenter

On an assessment course yesterday, we were told the data must be as at the time of submission. We were also told that moderators would not consider any writing completed after 27 May.

3. Carolyne740

Carolyne740 New commenter

Thanks for the reply.
    I wonder if all teachers know this - are being told this - and if it's the same expectation everywhere.
    Still can't find any reference to this in any document.

4. Studyzonetv

Studyzonetv Occasional commenter

It certainly came as a bit of a shock to everyone on a course I was on too. I would hope everyone would know by now - if not, they'll get a bit of a shock!

5. teacup71

teacup71 Occasional commenter

Gov writing exemplification supposed to be out Monday now. I don't know if I want to look! I am hoping it's easier than I think.

6. Msz

Msz Established commenter

7. emmat34

emmat34 New commenter

I looked at the Herts notes - hope the Big Write will be allowed. It is normal classroom practise. We have a planning sheet and they generate words etc. and plan their writing. Whether they use it or not is up to them. Thank you for pointing out that there will be an update on Monday. Life saver!

8. Msz

9. Msz