1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Writing in Reception... where are your class as of Nov 2011?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by daisypetals, Nov 12, 2011.

1. My class are all Summer born children and all arrived throughout September and October. They are now all full time and I am currently worrying about their writing and what they are able to do.
    I started with them copying under a model but none are ready for this, so I have started writing in a highlighter which they have to copy over. We have to teach the cursive script with all the flicks which seems hard for the children to grasp but we will keep doing it.
    How do you teach writing?
    All tips and advice welcome!!

xxx

2. My class are all Summer born children and all arrived throughout September and October. They are now all full time and I am currently worrying about their writing and what they are able to do.
    I started with them copying under a model but none are ready for this, so I have started writing in a highlighter which they have to copy over. We have to teach the cursive script with all the flicks which seems hard for the children to grasp but we will keep doing it.
    How do you teach writing?
    All tips and advice welcome!!

xxx