1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Writing group poem in nursery

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by jollypocket, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Hi everyone

I am a student teacher on placement. I really want to write a poem for mother's day with the children in my nursery class. I was going to read them a poem first (most of them won't know what a poem is) and then ask them to think of some words to describe their mum or why they love their mum, scribing for them and encouraging them to make the words into a sentence for our poem. I am expecting it to be quite abstract and simple, but do you think this would be do-able?

Does anyone know of any suitable poems I could use to introduce the concept to them?

Has anyone done anything similar? How did it go?

2. Hi everyone

I am a student teacher on placement. I really want to write a poem for mother's day with the children in my nursery class. I was going to read them a poem first (most of them won't know what a poem is) and then ask them to think of some words to describe their mum or why they love their mum, scribing for them and encouraging them to make the words into a sentence for our poem. I am expecting it to be quite abstract and simple, but do you think this would be do-able?

Does anyone know of any suitable poems I could use to introduce the concept to them?

Has anyone done anything similar? How did it go?