1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Writing for Accuracy bottom set Year 10

Discussion in 'English' started by anwen17, Sep 10, 2012.

1. I've been given a bottom set year 10 and asked to start the year with Writing for Accuracy. The only problem is that the SOW is dull as ditch water meaning that the kids (and myself to be honest!) are practically bored to tears.
    Any ideas on how to liven this work (spelling, punctuation, paragraphs, etc.) up would be greatlu appreciated.

2. I've been given a bottom set year 10 and asked to start the year with Writing for Accuracy. The only problem is that the SOW is dull as ditch water meaning that the kids (and myself to be honest!) are practically bored to tears.
    Any ideas on how to liven this work (spelling, punctuation, paragraphs, etc.) up would be greatlu appreciated.

3. Bbc.co.uk/skills wise has some great activities and worksheets with games to check learning

http://www.excellencegateway.org.uk/ has some really good units

Choose interesting articles and examples which are funny and promote discussion.

Try asking students to write 50 word novels as a starter when looking at word choice and language

Hope that help