1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

writing evaluations on plans...what do you do?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by 12table, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Hi
    I am new to FS, and I am trying to find a practical way to write evaluations on core activities on weekly plans, also how other people plan from children's interests and how you record these on plans
    thank you[​IMG]

2. As regards children's interests, we have a whiteboard (out of children's reach), on which we jot down anything that catches a child's, or a group's interest. We annotate with ideas any of us have for making provision for children to pursue those interests. We follow up as soon as possible. It may not get put down on written plans as we respond as quickly as we can. But if I remember I will scribble it on the week's plan, although i'm not that bothered, as an annotation. It may appear on the following week's plan, if we are still going with it, in which case it is printed in red to show it is in response to children's observed interests (it can go on for weeks and weeks of course.)

3. For our inside and outside provision each member of staff looks after 1 area ie, creative paints and malleables, maths and music small world and construction writng area and mini books each member of staff fills in an A3 sheet wioth each area on and then changes they make over the week- if a child is observed or asked for a resource their initals are added to a column and these sheets are filed along with the plans each week.
    On my literacy and numeracy I have a number of chidren names each day to focus questions on and note if they have acheived the LI and SC for the session.
    Each member of staff carries out a core activity with their key worker group and complete an evaluation sheets about their ons of the children and next steps.
    Hope this helps
    Drop me an email if you would like examples of these sheets
    Littlestones

4. Hi Littlestones, Sorry to hijack someone else's post but I was wondering if you would be kind enough to send me a copy of the plans you mentioned, C.I and how to record it has been a target of mine for a while and I'm still looking for a suitable method.
    Thanks in advance, lynsey
    lynseycurran22@hotmail.com

5. You have mail
    I hope they are useful let me know what you think please
    Littlestones

6. GemsEYFS

GemsEYFS New commenter

7. If you email me I will send them to you
    Littlestones

8. Hi Littlestones

Thank you for these ideas, I would love a copy of them, my email address is
    sarah_hayes_@hotmail.com