1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Writing assessment GCSE 2016

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by KerrySmith2011, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Hi

I am hoping someone out there has some idea as to how writing will be assessed at GCSE when the controlled assessment's go in 2016 (hooray!) I have seen the stuff that has been published about the speaking assessments and I am aware that everything will be externally assesed but I am lost on info on writing? Anyone any ideas?

Thanks!

2. Malaguena

Malaguena New commenter

I am signed up to the updates from Edexcel and so far gave had very little info on the new specs and syllabus. I have been told I'll get the info when it is available. So, I'm clueless too but not for want of trying!!

3. LadyPsyche

LadyPsyche New commenter

Ditto - with AQA. Would really like to know.

4. cake4tea

cake4tea New commenter

From what I can gather it could be a sort of mixed paper about a topic with say, a passage, some RC questions, translation of a chunk of it or sentences based on the same vocab, and then a piece of writing using the passage as a stimulus. I picked this up from a course featuring some of the great and good of MFL teaching. Whether they knew or were shooting in the dark I'm unsure.

5. Random175

Random175 New commenter

WJEC has published a draft which may change. According to this draft the writing paper will be one exam of just over an hour and will include the translation from English to French. The listening and reading component will be another paper including the translation from French to English.