1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Writing APP L3- AF1 Viewpoint - not sure I understand what this means!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Gentleben, Apr 25, 2011.

1. For APP in general, this is an extremely useful guide: http://ngfl.northumberland.gov.uk/maths%20and%20english%20matters/English%20APP%20%20docs/Definition_of_Terms_v3.pdf - if this doesn't work, google "Lee Owston" including the speech marks and it's the first result.
    You should be able to press Quick View to see a copy of the PDF, which can then be saved to Google Docs if you have an account. If you don't, get a free account.
    Here's the snippet on viewpoint
    Hope this helps [​IMG]

2. You have made my evening! This is like finding gold!
    Thank you so much. It is being printed ready to give to staff tomorrow - thank you!
    Is it sad that I'm so excited about this?! [​IMG]

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

It is really to do with 'who' is telling the story, narrator or author (outside sources or I (first person). So for example you could tell the story of the 3 Little Pigs as a 'narrator' or from the viewpoint of one of the little pigs or the wolf.
    Often we ask the children to retell the story from one of the character's viewpoint, writing as if they were the character.

4. Thanks Lara, seeing it in context makes it so obvious! I've done this so many times, perhaps its all these days off affecting my logic.

5. If it's sad, then we both are! Glad to help [​IMG]