1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Writing APP L1!! Confused-please help!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by chocochick, Dec 9, 2011.

1. chocochick

chocochick New commenter

Hi guys. I am an NQT and this is the first time I am using APP for my whole class so please excuse me if I am asking stupid questions. I have just sat down to do my APPs and am really struggling. I am confused as to what some of the statements mean and as to what this may look like in the chn's work eg
    Simple connections between ideas,events eg repeated nouns,pronouns relate to main idea.
    Eeeek! what does this mean? I am sorry to sound thick!
    Also what happens if you have specifically taught one of the objectives eg sequencing words/describingwords /using and to join clasues words so the chn have used them in their work for that day only, but never again- can you still date that obj?
    Hope I make sense????
    Thanks
    PS If anyone can recommend a book that will help me teach grammar and punctuation I would be really greateful!

2. chocochick

chocochick New commenter

Hi guys. I am an NQT and this is the first time I am using APP for my whole class so please excuse me if I am asking stupid questions. I have just sat down to do my APPs and am really struggling. I am confused as to what some of the statements mean and as to what this may look like in the chn's work eg
    Simple connections between ideas,events eg repeated nouns,pronouns relate to main idea.
    Eeeek! what does this mean? I am sorry to sound thick!
    Also what happens if you have specifically taught one of the objectives eg sequencing words/describingwords /using and to join clasues words so the chn have used them in their work for that day only, but never again- can you still date that obj?
    Hope I make sense????
    Thanks
    PS If anyone can recommend a book that will help me teach grammar and punctuation I would be really greateful!

3. The dog walked down the road. The dog barked. He was loud. Repeated noun - the dog. Related pronouns - he.
    Don't date unless you sure the skill is embedded but L1 can be with support so...
    x

4. Ramjam

Ramjam New commenter

At the end of the year, if you have given them 1c/ 1b/ 1a with support previously, it's a great hel[p to the next teacher if they can achievethe level without support.

5. chocochick

chocochick New commenter

Thanks guys. That makes sense![​IMG]