1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Writing and reviewing IEPs - Whose job?

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by iccug, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Should the SENCO of the school be responsible for writing up all the IEP's, writing to parents to invite them to reviews and running all the reviews?
    What does your school do?

2. Should the SENCO of the school be responsible for writing up all the IEP's, writing to parents to invite them to reviews and running all the reviews?
    What does your school do?

3. Our SENCO does all this - in close consultation with class teachers and others (particularly with regard to IEP reviews, targets etc which she expects us to com eup with).

Why?

4. jlo

jlo New commenter

Class teachers write IEPs and they are reviewed at parents evening. Outside agencies and SENco consulted.
    Review of provision meetings for SA+ offered with LABSS teacher and SENCo (Not IEP review but progress chat)

5. I am a senco in school with 22 classes and a nursery and here staff do IEPs and reviews although I provided them with a standard letter to invite parents. They can ask for advice if they wish and we use IEP writer. All IEPs then come to me to be seen and if the need amending they go back. If they are ok they are copied so one is kept centrally and then they go back to teachers to keep. School system then updated to show review.
    I also work with NQTs and GTP about IEPs and we do some together to practise! We have over 39% of children on SEN so it would take me all year to write all those IEPs!!

6. Go down the provision map route and reduce your IEPs dramatically!! We have gone from 70 IEPs to 6 in one year..... bliss!!

7. How did you do this surely all Prov maps are different?