1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Writing a reference for my PGCE student

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by cupcake80, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Hi
    This is my 1st year as a student mentor in my school (primary) and I have has my 1st request for a refence for my current PGCE student. The letter states that they want to know strengths, weaknesses, ability to build relationships etc but I am unsure how to set it out or how long it should be. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

2. Would be a start if I could spell first. I mean reference!

3. You usuallt address the letter the school sends you. if you like i can send you some examples from work tomorrow. Let me know though. Use the standards as well - take your paragraphs from the headings

4. I just photocopy my final report and send that. If they really want to know more they could give me a ring but they never do. The final report says everything a future employer would want to know. I make it clear to students that's what I send out if they put me down as a referee.