1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Writing a personal statement....anyone in the same boat??

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by AmberJ, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Hi all,
    I am currently *trying* to write my personal statement for a Nursery Teacher position and literally pulling my hair out. I've done piles of research about writing such a statement, but don't seem to be able to get anything down on paper (am I all typed put?!). Anyone else in the same position and would like to message about the ups and downs/share advice about securing a job?
    Please feel free to PM me.

x

2. Do you have a person specification? I have tended to write my supporting statements based around the person spec and put each paragraph under different headings. e.g. experience, skills, knowledge,personal qualities.
    As a senior manager I have looked through lots of applications and I like the ones best that answer the person spec but also illustrate parts of it with personal examples.
    Hope this is some help. Good luck.

3. Hi Amber
    PM me your email address and i will send you one to have alook at its not perfect but it has got me a few interviews. i alays tweak it to the personal spec job desriables first then so on
    s
    x

4. Hi Debmac1 :)
    Yes, I have the person spec in front of me now and it is rather long! I really don't know what my issue is with personal statements....I'd rather write a dissertation on War and Peace! I think I'm going to have to be a lot more to the point because I have the bad habit of writing pages and pages. I certainly think I need to include more 'real life' examples, rather than my opinions etc.
    Hi Smurfey :)
    That is a lovely offer and would be much appreciated. I hope I can help you out one day soon too.
    My email is lojay23 at yahoo dot com
    Hope you both have a good pancake day!! xx

5. Hi i am in the same position trying to write my letter of application, would it be possible for me to take a look at yours aswell please Smurfey? My email is nicola_mal@hotmail.co.uk
    Thank you very much in advance Nic

6. Hi Smurfey

I'm getting in a terrible pickle with writing my personal statement, please could you help me by sending yours to look at. I'm beginning to feel desperate

Thx

Louise x my email is louise_fox@talktalk.net

7. sweetie666

sweetie666 New commenter

Hello all
    I too am trying to write a personal statement, I want to have everything drafted by the time jobs start to be advertised for September posts. I have writen many for my degree and PGCE but am not sure of what the structure or content for teaching posts should contain?
    I am aware that for each job it will change but I want to have a basic one to write from done first. I have had two years experience as a nursery assistant in a private school and been to many schools for blocks of experience too but not sure how much or little to write about.
    If anyone can send me what they have done or give any advice I would be very grateful. Even
    Many thanks, Sweetie
    a

8. sweetie666

sweetie666 New commenter

Didnt get to finish writing and it published my comment.
    *even a word count or titles of how to set it out would be great
    Thanks again
    [​IMG]

9. Hi Smurfy,

Please could I have a look too? My email is astralblanchard@hotmail.co.uk many thanks!

10. Hello Amber, I am currently trying to write my early years practitioner personal statement for job. I recently finished Level 1 childcare course.. I am going to apply for a job where I am volunteering... As an urgent I have to write my personal statement... Please help me..! I know you will understand my situations! thank you..:)

11. 2022louise

2022louise New commenter

Evening all,
    I've just stumbled across tgis thread whilst searching for information about writing a personal statement. I am thinking of taking a huge leap out of my comfort zone (have been in current role for 13 years) in order to seek employment further to home. However the sheer thought of completing a personal statement is already stressing me out. Can anyone help? Anyone willing to share own statements to help give me a kick start? I would appreciate as much help guidance with this one big problem. Thanks in advance. Louise:)